Thursday, June 3, 2010

To 1 or to 3

We went to the doctor today to discuss our options for the FET (frozen embryo transfer).  They will unfreeze 1 straw with 2 embryos, but not all the embryos always survive.  We had to decide if we wanted to stay with 1 or unfreeze another.  If another was unfrozen, and both survived, then we had 3 embryos.  We were torn on what to do, so we went to get the doctor's opinion!  My biggest fear is "what if all 3 take?"  I think I might die.  From lack of sleep.  And money.  And Randy might leave me.  :)  All those sound like bad options on my end.  But then we weigh the options - the first failed, so what are the chances that ALL 3 would take?  And I'd really rather not have to write another BFN next to my user signature on my fertility forum sight.  It's getting long, and a BFP would look so much better.  The doctor advised if it comes to that, to unthaw another straw and put back 3.  He said our odds of all taking are around 5%, and it would more likley be twins.  Which I can totally live with!  So if everything goes ok, our transfer will be June 15th, and the beta test on June 25th.  Keep praying!!

Babydust!!

No comments: