Thursday, February 4, 2010

We've Topped the Hill

I am going to have to say the worst is over. I was really nervous about today, but I think it was more the IV was the worry.  I am NOT a fan of needles.  But the IV went ok, I only almost passed out, I didn't completely!  I know that warm tingly pre black out feeling so well now that I know when to lay down!  But once that was done and we were ready to go back, I remember the Anesthesiologist telling me he was putting in the medicine to put me to sleep, then he was waking me up.  Not bad at all!  And the doctor came into my room while I was still groggy, so Randy had to refresh me of this later - but he was expecting 16 mature eggs, and he got 20, and most of them were grade 3, some grade 2.  Grade 3 is the good grade that you want.  So they have plenty of good eggs to work with, which is good!  So the nurse will call us in the morning to let us know how fertilization is going.  Usually around 70% fertilize, so let's just hope we get some great grade A embryos!  Dr. Dunaway also said he expects me to come back for the transfer Tuesday (a 5 day transfer, I would have thought Monday). The bad thing, is if the transfer Tuesday, that's 3 days of bed rest I'll be out of work.  Oh wait, did I say bad thing?... My mistake!

2 comments:

ray said...

Hey Ashley, Just wondering 'boutcha and Randy. I know Randy didn't feel a thing, LOL! But I'm glad you wrote all of this today. I've said a prayer for you every day this week. Glad to hear you got so many good eggs. GREAT NEWS! I hope you have a restful weekend and get some rest. Take care and talk to you soon. Ray

Ashley said...

I kept joking with Randy about how easy his part is! Not fair at all! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers, this has been a rough, VERY PAINFUL week. Now I am waiting patiently for the nurse to call and tell me how the fertilization went!